Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How can I save battery power on my laptop?

I got the envy 14 because it is powerful and portable (for school). I have heard people get about 4 hours and 30 minutes on average battery life doing office work and web browsing. Apart from changing the power option to Power Saver, what else can I do to save battery life? Does having a desktop background just plain black rather than a picture save battery? Just give me some hints and tips you know work. And yeh I know about cutting down on programs running in the background and having a darker screen.How can I save battery power on my laptop?
Run only the programs your running.

Turn down your brightness all the way down. (Helps the battery a lot and wont affect you because you are indoors mostly)

Get a 9-Cell Battery if you want.

Turn off your wireless when your not connected



The picture on the desktop wont make a different. Maybe by 1 minute off life out of 3 hours but it wont matter.



Do what i said and you'll get 4 hours



BTW: Very nice choice of buying the Envy 14 from HP. Its very good.
Many laptops have options for power usage. Mine has 3 options: high performance, balanced, and power saver. Power saver is awful, what with the cut down processing power and whatnot, but it gives me an extra half-hour to an hour of battery life. I would be surprised if your laptop doesn't have something similar buried in the options menus.How can I save battery power on my laptop?
Buy a bigger battery if you want more life. Most laptops only get around 2 1/2 hours on battery no matter what they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment