Friday, February 24, 2012

Hp envy 14 1200en graphics card drivers help?

Here is my problem I recently got a hp envy 1200en laptop and its been ok so far, av played some great games with no problem(FIFA 12 Black ops, GTA IV, nfs hot pursuit, assassins creed I, etc ). However some games NFS the run and Assassins Creed 2 crash some point in the game to a grey stripped lines across the screen. I was told that I need to update the graphics card drivers (ATI mobility radeon 5650) but I tried from the ATI site and it refused.



My question:

Is the above game problem due to old drivers if not what is it?

If it is the drivers how can I update them?

PS. All above mentioned games are legit not pirared so u feel my pain and the system can handle them as its not startup crash or overheating.Hp envy 14 1200en graphics card drivers help?
The standard drivers on AMD site cannot be used for the mobility graphics cards in laptops. The way laptops are made means that each manufacturer customises hardware to their own specification.
The only graphic driver updates that you can use are those released by HP on their official support pages for exact model. If you are using the latest drivers from there already then you are stuck with them i'm afraid. It sucks but this is truth.

As to whether your problems are down to the drivers, you don;t give enough info to be sure this is the problem [although the grey lines suggest a driver problem]. It may be that your card cannot cope with the new games [the Radeon HD 5650 is not a top gaming card at all]. The minimum graphics requirements for Assassins creed 2 are given as Radeon HD 3800 series so you should be OK from that point of view: http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.p鈥?/a>Hp envy 14 1200en graphics card drivers help?
It can be a hassle trying to update mobility drivers. I tend to default to an automatic driver update tool since this will scan and locate the drivers for my system much quicker. In addition to updating your graphic driver you may need other drivers as well. Some older drivers can conflict with eachother and cause all sorts of problems. Go to http://www.pcdriverupdate.com and get the driver scan. Install and run the scan and in a few minutes you should get a full driver report. From there you can update the drivers quickly.



I hope this helps. Good luck with the games.

1 comment: