Wednesday, February 29, 2012

HP Envy 14 with an i7 processor hangs when playing videos?

So I've been having this problem on my laptop (read title of question for make), in which video playback is just absolutely TERRIBLE! Whenever I go into iTunes and try to watch something, it'll play for 5 seconds, then immediately start an on/off hang process. I know that as it stands, I don't have enough information posted for anyone to help me, but if you tell me what I have to look at and where to find it on my computer , I'll put all the info you need into the additional details.HP Envy 14 with an i7 processor hangs when playing videos?
Another thought I had is to try downloading the video onto a SDHC card and try playing the video from that source. Or if you have a DVD or Blu Ray player on your laptop, play a video there.

If it runs smoothly, then the problem is obviously not in the video card, and lies elsewhere. Most likely the video player or even your hard drive! Also try defragmenting your hard drive with Auslogic Disk Defrag.

Also how much RAM do you have? May have background silent program that is using up your RAM and slowing down your computer. If you have Mcafee that maybe slowing your computer's speed.

That's about the only other suggestion I have.


Hope you get it fixed as it sounds like a very expensive laptop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment