Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Best Laptop for an Architect student?

This next semester, I planned to buy a laptop but I don't know whats the 'best' laptop for me. I will surely use an Auto CAD and some related to architecture programs. I have several options of laptops:

- Sony Vaio S (2011)



- Apple Macbook Pro 13' (2011)



- HP Envy 14 Beats edition haha



-or other suggestion?Best Laptop for an Architect student?
Nothing could beat macbook, i am also an architect student and my macbook is doing lot more than any pc can do it, it works like a charm, you will forget all others, i will suggest you to buy Apple MacBook Pro MC700LL/A which is a 13.3 inch laptop having the following specs:



2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor

320 GB Hard Drive, 8x DVD/CD SuperDrive, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, Precision aluminum unibody

13.3 inch LED-backlit display, 1280-by-800 resolution

Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory

High Speed Thunderbolt Port, FaceTime HD Camera, Mac OS X v10.7 Lion



I have found its customer review which will help you decide:



http://www.amazon.com/review/R3J3GKIJBKP鈥?/a>



Check it out here:



http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MC70鈥?/a>
From my knowledge, alot of CAD and 3D rendering programmes rely heavily upon the CPU and RAM and not so much the GPU, but obviously its helpfull to have a fairly powerfull one if you plan to play games etc as well.



From what i can see, the apple macbook has these specs



i5 processor @ 2.4ghz



4gb memory



not sure on GPU



The HP has



i7 CPU @ 2ghz with 2.9ghz turbo boost



8gb memory



GPU ATI 6630



The HP seems the better buy, seeing as you get a faster processor and much more ram. I think the i7 is quad whilst the i5 is only dual (have to check) so a quad will benefitBest Laptop for an Architect student?
This laptop is great. The processor is super-fast, backlit keyboard is amazing, and I love the fingerprint scanner. The graphics look great and once you tweak the sound a little, the sound isn't too bad. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone and I can't say enough about the backlit keyboard. It's kind of like getting your first DVR, you didn't see why everyone was making such a big deal about them, but once you get one you can't imagine going without it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment