Monday, March 12, 2012

Mac or Pc for college?

I'm getting a laptop for the next 4-6 years of college

Ill use it to write paper, play games like wow and shooters edit music, video and photos

Do macs come with software to edit? I wantedthe macbook pro 13 with 4 gb ram or the hp envy 14 with 6 gb ram any advice?Mac or Pc for college?
That's going to depend on your major. Some will recommend a Mac, some will recommend Windows. Talk to the department.

DrDave, very, very wrong. Kahless is actually closer to the truth than you are, Mr uber experience. Apple sells a disproportionately large number of Macs to college students. Look it up.
I use a Macbook Pro i5 to run WoW, it works great, even flawless I would say, but gets pretty warm. I heard in general it is bad on laptops to run heavy games like that, best to use desktops since they have better cooling. Unless you have to run a Windows program that isn't available for Mac I really don't see any reason to not at least consider a Mac.Mac or Pc for college?
Over 50% of all laptops sold for college use are Macs. I's suggest the 13" MacBook Pro. All MacBooks come with all the software installed: Mac OS X, iPhoto, iMovie, iDvd, iChat, Text Edit, Photo Booth, Garage Band, iTunes, and more. The MacBook line is rated higher than all Windows laptops for reliability, tech support, and customer satisfaction.
i own a hp dv6 and iMac.

Both of which I love to use but the iMac is a desktop and ALL MACS come with iLife 11 which has iMovie iTunes iPhoto stuff like they and they are a dream to edit on while on the Windows side you got windows live which is meh.

I would go to a Apple store because it is such a cool experience and try one out for yourself. Don't go to Best Buy to buy a Mac.

Good luck at college I hope my iMac can get me through college I just got in Sept.
I could write a book but I'll make it simple with my 30 plus years using computers. You want a valuable tool, get a PC. You want a toy, get a Mac.
EDIT: I don't know where clueless gets his data but 50% of the computers sold to college students are NOT Macs! Not even close. More like 8% are Macs.
i would go with mac. there is so much you can do with it. excel, powerpoint, and word. automatic dictionary with it as well. great laptop!
PC. More customizable and better for games.
PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment