Friday, March 9, 2012

Upgrading RAM in a laptop...?

I currently have 4GB DDR3 1066MHz RAM in my HP Envy 14. I want to upgrade to 6GB but if I do that means I will have one 2GB and one 4GB stick in my laptop which means I won't be able to run it in dual channel. Will I notice a big difference in speed? Is it worth it? I would go 8GB but it is too expensive.Upgrading RAM in a laptop...?
To be honest it probably isn't wort upgrading at all. If your processor is below 2.7GHz there will be no difference unless you run a TONNE of simple applications at one time or do intense video editing.Upgrading RAM in a laptop...?
4 gb of ram is enough to run just about any program out there right now! i wouldn't bother upgrading right now! i doubt you would notice much of a difference if you did do that, but there is really no need to?

No comments:

Post a Comment