Friday, March 9, 2012

I need to get my computer repaired...?

I dropped my Envy 14 Beats Edition and the hard drive died am I am going to ship it to HP to be repaired. The cost is a flat rate $370 dollars for any repair job.



The Beats Edition has a special themed Windows 7 which I would really want reinstalled.

Will HP reinstall the correct themed Win7 when they run the restoration?

And will they recover my lost files and data on my dead HD?I need to get my computer repaired...?
you can take the dead hard drive, connect it to your computer as a slave drive, or as an external drive, you can then run a recovery software to recover your files. here's one program recommended by many people

http://www.asoftech.com/adr/



hope this helps.
You could get a new hard drive for half than that but you'd lose all your data. You didn't back up your files at all? You don't have a Windows disc to reinstall?

If you don't have anything majorly important on the hard drive than you'd be better off buying a new hard drive online, installing it yourself (super easy) and then investing money into an external hard drive to back up your computer so this won't happen again.

$375 sounds like a lot of money to me.I need to get my computer repaired...?
HP should know to restore the laptop to new condition, but ask them to do it, just to make sure. Repair is one thing, data recovery is another thing and it could potentially be another charge higher than the repair itself. Be sure to stipulate all conditions, then get a price quote.
It is a physicall damage so that a hard ware expert only can recover data from the damaged hard drive manually.
I got mine repaired for $20 by a guy online, I sent it to him and got it back 5days later. His email is xenonbite@gmail.com He should be able to tell you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment