Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How to activate Norton?

I just got a HP ENVY 14 Beats Edition and it said I should start up the pre-installed Norton subscription before web-browsing. The problem is, I don't know how. It said that I could've done it during the set-up, but I didn't see anything. Also it said I can do it via the Start Menu. Help me! I want to have the laptop protected! How do I install/activate it?How to activate Norton?
Look in the start menu if there is not an icon on the desk top. Opening it should prompt for activation.
You can also type Norton into the start menu search box and start it from there.
If you can't find Norton it may have come with Microsft Security Essentials.
I couldn't find Norton listed as an option but did see that it lists MSE as security software pre installed.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shoppi鈥?/a>
Edit Ok I did find it listed here.-http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shoppi鈥?/a>
But the strange thing is that sometimes it says Norton and I go to the same link and it will say Microsoft Security Essentials as installed Security Software!
It seems that they might be in the process of changing the Security Software that is pre installed.
So apparently you might have Norton or Microsoft Security Essentials!How to activate Norton?
You will be better off uninstalling Norton and installing a free Anti-Virus like MS Security Essentials.



If you use Norton and it expires then you are unprotected and it is difficult to remove it and get another.

No comments:

Post a Comment