Monday, March 12, 2012

Why does it take so long to start up my computer?

I have a fairly powerful computer (HP Envy 14) and it used to start up quite fast but now it takes 4 minutes and 25 seconds to be fully booted up. I used the software Soluto to turn off a lot of applications and delay others that would start up at boot. At that point it would take 2 minutes and 40 seconds. The next time I restarted, it took 4 minutes :S And some of that time isn't even used booting any applications (even system.exe) so I don't know why its taking so long. Any ideas on how to shorten my boot time?Why does it take so long to start up my computer?
Make sure that your system is set to NOT search for network devices and connections prior to booting, this can take an annoying amount of time depending on your system setup and network requirements. Second, download Microsofts "Autoruns". This tool will show every possible application or process that is being spawned at startup and where it is being spawned from (registry, startup folder etc). Give these two things a try first along with checking your running processes under Task Manager immediately after booting up.



Jim
remove unnecessary start up items like skype,winamp agent java updater service etc use ccleaner 4 it.defrag c drive,run chkdsk also i use tune up utilities 2011 for optimized performance try it get its cracked version from youtube.comWhy does it take so long to start up my computer?
get an ssd and load your operating system on it

No comments:

Post a Comment