Monday, March 12, 2012

What do I need to drive 2 or 3 monitors from my laptop?

I have a shiny new HP envy 14 1050ea. I'd like to use it to drive 2/3 external monitors to create a larger single visible workspace. I *understand* that the combo of graphics card and Windows 7 should enable me to do this. The laptop has 1 HDMI port and 1 MiniDisplay Port.

The monitors are probably going to be Samsung P2450H 24-inch -ers .



Q. 1 - What adapters/leads/connectors/extra kit do I need?

Q. 2 - Is it generally considered more productive to have two larger monitors or three relatively smaller ones



Thanks for your helpWhat do I need to drive 2 or 3 monitors from my laptop?
The adapters you need depend on the monitors you get. Depending on the laptop it may or may not let you drive both the HDMI and Mini Display ports at the same time. Beware when getting monitors as well that MOST monitors don't have MiniDisplayPort connectors so you'll need a MiniDisplayPort to HDMI converter to connect using that port. Also you have to specifically shop for HDMI capable monitors if you want that, which are generally a tad bit higher priced than ones without, but not too bad.



Two larger monitors is the preferred method at my place,

No comments:

Post a Comment