Monday, March 12, 2012

Connecting a laptop to a monitor.?

So I got a new laptop and I'm planning on getting a 27-inch monitor for my xbox and laptop. However, my laptop is the HP envy 14 1011nr. I believe it has an hdmi port and display port. What cables would I need to connect to this monitor?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>



Here is the laptop if you need to see the specs:

http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/HP-鈥?/a>Connecting a laptop to a monitor.?
If it has an HDMI port, then all your need is an HDMI cable. Or, you could use the VGA cable that comes with the monitor.
You will need an HDMI to VGA converter so you can plug in the LCD's VGA cable into the converter. You then go to display settings and tell the computer what to show on the secondary monitorConnecting a laptop to a monitor.?
the cables come with the monitor -- i checked the newegg page.



note that it is currently out of stock.
if your laptop has HDMI output, and since the LCD screen has HDMI input. then all you need is a HDMI cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment