Monday, March 12, 2012

How to fix a DVD drive that ejects all media?

I have a new HP envy 14 with Beats Audio. The DVD drive won't read any disks, after about 30 seconds it ejects it back out. The cursor on screen shows it's trying to read a disk. I've updated the drivers, tried different types of media, tried the last one that worked, nothing. It's a slot loading drive so I cant even see into it. Under properties it says it's a HP DVDRAM GS20N and under that it says SAMSUNG HM640JJ. Any ideas? I'd rather not take it back to Staples, who knows when I'll see it again, lol. Ty for any advise.How to fix a DVD drive that ejects all media?
device manager %26gt; dvd drive %26gt; uninstall everything and then reboot your computer and let windows reload the drivers
You don't fix it, you have them fix it for you. Even if you could repair it yourself you would void the warranty, and be stuck with the problem or a $$$ repair bill. The hassle of being without the laptop for a while is nothing compared with having one with a defective drive.How to fix a DVD drive that ejects all media?
Have them TRY to fix it.. Vista? Windows 7? been dealing with this ever since Vista started the service packs. Finally got an external drive...Good luck and let me know how you fixed it.. I have an hpdv6707

No comments:

Post a Comment